CAR RIDES ROUGH, VIBRATES. MECHANICS HAVEN'T FIXED PROBLEM. NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO TELL MECHANIC

2003 Ford Focus • 140 miles

Hi! Sorry this is a bit long.

I drive a 2003 Ford Focus wagon and the problem is the car rides really rough. Here is a long story to summarize everything I know.

First, I know there is a cracked "exhaust pipe" somewhere under my car that contributes to a lot of noise and I'm assuming some vibrating of the car. I notice the vibration is worse at lower speeds or when the car is not moving and the engine is on.

The second thing is that it feels kind of like one of the tires (maybe the front right) is rubbing against the wheel well or something when I drive, and evidence for this is it gets worse while I'm turning.

Even the smallest bumps rock the car bad. It feel like I don't have suspension at all. I drive over a penny and my CD player skips. So the vibrating, with the feeling of the wheel rubbing, and what feels like a lack of suspension is what is the deal. The steering wheel also points to the left when I drive straight. And I have had an alignment done recently. Please read more below.

So I have taken my car in to the shop 3 times. The first time they replaced some sort of broken "link" I think (I don't have the receipt) : ( This helped but the ride was still rough and it got worse over time until it was back to how rough it originally was. The second time I had my mom take it in and they gave the car new tires which did absolutely nothing. Thanks mom. The third time I took it in I explained to them that the last time it only temporarily appeased the problem and that I think there is some larger problem that is causing other things to break (e.G. What they repaired last time) and I asked if they could try to figure out what the deal was and also got an alignment. I have the receipt here and they fixed a broken "front strut". When I got the car back it drove ok, but there was still a hint of roughness in the suspension and after about 6 weeks, the alighment is whacked out again (steering wheel points to left) and can feel the rubbing again. Plus it rides like hell again.

The only thing else I can say is that all this started shortly after I stalled my car out in a GIANT puddle. It stalled and then I started it up again in the puddle and it drove out of there. Idk if this is related or just coincidence.

I'm not really sure what to do and I don't want to spend more money on this thing. Please tell me what the probable causes are and what I can say word for word to a mechanic so these problems are fixed.
Brolocirapt0r

Very common for coil springs to break on this car causing all kinds of issues. Go to another shop, start from scratch and see if they find anything