REPLACED AIRFILTER WITH A DIFFERENT ONE AND DOWN TO MY OWN MISTAKE IT CAME OFF, DROVE MY CAR FOR LIKE 15MILS WITH OUT ONE ON ...

2003 Ford Fiesta • 39 miles

Right, I recently fitted an sporty air filter to my car and drove with it on for like 15miles, it then came off leaving the tube open and the air filter loss under the bonit. The perfomance went slugish and I decided to fit the old one back on the next day. The engine warning light is now on and its really not running well, jurkey ride and lakes power. I need help ASAP
Bilybo@hotmail.co.uk

Did it have the mass air flow sensor with the part that you lost?

I'm a typical 17 year old that doesn't know much about cars, just wanna make it sound good. I bought the air filter from halfords and the only bit I lost was the juby clip, no idea about the air flow thing

Do you think it's anything serious?

Recheck the installation of the air hose and wire connector to the part after the air cleaner housing.

Get a scan done to check the trouble code and post it here.

Right okay, I'll let you know when I get it sorted : D