IS THERE A VCM FOR DIESEL PICKUP TRUCKS DIFFERENT FROM THE REGULAR VCM FOR ?

2003 Ford F-350 • 89,000 miles

Hello I had a 2003 ford f 350 super duty diesel 6.0 I i had a crank no start cook up the scantool and did some diagnostic and found that the pcm needed replacing I ordered one but the parts guy told me I would need a ford vcm to reprogram the pcm before it work I bought one now they're telling me that the vcm does not work on diesel pickup trucks what you I do?
Mrfix it

How did you determine the pcm was bad? Expensive guess.

The dealer can program it for you if it is the issue

what was the code?

Wasnt a guess we hook up our bidirectional scan tool got the code diagnostic it using alldata procedures did some testing and after back back checking everything else glow plug, fuses relays, Fuel module, injectors, high pressure oil pump, etc we can to that conclusion and in the caribbean there no ford dealer on the island I already have a vcm but could get it reprogram they said because its diesel and the vcm is not for pickup. Was wondering if there's a vcm just for diesel or some other tool I can buy to do it?

Mrfix it
Yes, just for diesel. The numbers must be the same or it will not work.

Ok great do you have a link where I can buy it?

Mrfix it
What numbers?

Mrfix it
The numbers on the pump. You may need to remove the pump to see the numbers.

Once you have the numbers, then you can persue the issue with e bay or amazon.

Ok thanks so once I get the number I use this to get a vcm just for diesel to reprogram the new pcm is that correct? And number of the high oil pressure pump? Those numbers?

Mrfix it