FORD F-150 BATTERY PROBLEM

2003 Ford F-150

My son decide it would be cute to play on my truck. He held on to the power mirrors and ended up pulling them off. I have replace the mirrors which was a very easy task. I plugged in all the connection that were removed and replaced the door panel. When I put the key in the ignition to start the truck ALL the gauges peg MAXED and with in a second or two returned the the low or off position. I immediately turned off the system and removed the key. I had the key in my hand, had NOT pushed the power lock switch on the door or the button on the alarm button, and the doors started locking and unlocking by themselves. There may be other problems but without getting the truck to start I have no idea what they are yet. Is it a short in the wiring or something else? Just don't tell me that my truck decided to get possessed.
Hwlm52

Disconnect the mirrors and see if it returns to normal

Tried that and still does the same thing. I have even gone as far as to unplug all the connections on both doors and still get the same result. The battery has even been unplugged for 24 hours and when reconnected the same thing still happens. The battery is good had it tested.

Hwlm52
DOES SON HAVE THE ABILITY TO SIT?

I thought this was an AUTO HELP site not somewhere people claim to be an expert and but in on things they have NO need on commenting on. I don't think I will refer any person to this site.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY!

Hwlm52
SORRY---TRYING TO KEEP IT INTERESTING AND. HUMAN!

Listen, when all the gauges peg and then return to normal, it can be caused by a couple things. I have to ask you this, is the battery still strong in the vehicle or is it getting weak? I have experienced issues where a weak battery has sent the PCM into a self check and the gauges have done what you described. Truly, there are no wires going to the PM that would cause this problem. Let me know.

As far as the comments by CJ, he is a good tech. I think he was just trying to have some fun and make you laugh. Sorry if it bothered you.

Let me know about the battery.