FORD ESCAPE AXLE PROBLEM

2003 Ford Escape • 100,000 miles

My 2003 Ford Escape makes loud ratcheting sound when turning left under acceleration. It also makes this noise under hard acceleration, but not as loud. I have replaced the right side Cv axle with a new one not rebuilt, I have also replaced the intermediate shaft bearing assy. I checked the wheel bearing and the steering knuckle all good. When driving normal straight line its quite and purrs like a kitten. Help!
Geraldtune

What about the hub bearing? This could be the issue.

What did you torque the axle nut to when you replaced it?

I would suggest that you replace the left c.V shaft.

Homer1967
Hub bearing is okay and axle shaft nut was torqued to 219 ft. Lbs. The sound is almost like a metallic vibration. The harder you accelerate the more severe the vibration. It almost sounds like sheet metal shaking. I hate to replace another cv shaft because the one I replaced was good, had it checked by a cv shop. If you drive slow and normal take off no noise.

Geraldtune
You should probably take it to a competent shop and have them diagnose it for you at this point.

Homer1967