CAR MAKES A SOUND LIKE METAL RATTLING WHEN I FIRST START IT. SOMETIMES IT SUBSIDES. NO INDICATOR LIGHTS COME ON AND CAR SEEMS TO RUN FINE

2003 Ford Escape • 50,000 miles

You hear a metal sound, like someting is loose and wiggling or rubbing against something. It seems like it is more when first started or a lower speeds, but maybe I just am not able to hear it when I accelerate to a higher speed. No indicator lights come on and I haven't had any problems that I recognize other than that.
Macmillan.b

If you open hod and listen when it gets started ca you spot it?

Fixitmr
No, I can't see anything. It seems to be more prominent when I hit the gas, but I couldn't hit the gas and see under the hood at the same time.

Macmillan.b
Does it seem like rotational rattle or vibrational rattle?

Fixitmr
I am not sure what the difference is, can you explain? If I had to guess I would say vibrational.

Macmillan.b
Exhaust pipe and sheilding is common common cause of vibrational rattle. Is it tinny or heavier sounding

Fixitmr
I would say it is more tinny sounding

Macmillan.b
Exhaust has the tinny sound to it.

Fixitmr