CROWN VIC WIPERS AND LIGHTS.

2003 Ford Crown Victoria

What we've got here is a 2003 Crown Vic. Six months ago I replaced the LCM with one out of the recking yard because me lights no workie. That fixed that problem. Four months ago I paid to have the the wiper motor and the control switch/turn signal arm replaced. Problem solved. Today I have a car with headlights that didn't come on the other day and wipers that only work on high. Do all these component need to be replaced again or is there something else causing these malfunctions? Thanks
Wtf411

Without performing any diagnostic tests, it is impossible to comment if components needs to be replaced. It could be a wiring or ground circuit connection problem.

Are the problem symptoms similar to previous?
Were parts replaced new, used or reman?
Does the headlights work intermittently?

The wiper components were new. The LCM was from a wrecking yard. This time the head lights only failed to turn on once, they have not gone out while driving, but I'm afraid to drive at night because I'm unsure if the lights will go out and strand me. Last time they quit coming on at all. I have a LCM headed my way through the mail. I ordered the LCM before I discovered the wiper issues. Last time the wiper issues started with the washer fluid pump going off by itself, followed by the wiper not parking themselves and only working on high.

Wtf411
Would you be able to perform tests on the wiper system with a DVOM if I provide you with the procedures?

Wiper is linked to LCM so if you have ordered the LCM, install it and see if the wiper problem is resolvd.

I should be able to use my DVOM to perform tests on the wiper system, especially under the guidance of an expert as yourself. The only obvious obstruction that exists now is can I FIND my DVOM.

Wtf411
Are mist and intermittent speeds working correctly?

The chart shows the procedures for teating the wiper switch.

Go through them and see if you can get anything out of it.

Try whistling and see if the DVOM comes wagging its tail to you, lol.

I'm not sure about the mister but the intermittent speed don't work. Only on high speed do the wipers work. I haven't found my DVOM yet. The replacement LCM has been installed. It was a remanufactured unit with a lifetime guarantee. It did not solve my wiper problem but created a new one. Now my head light switch is not working. The headlight come on no matter what position it is in. On automatic they come on. In the off position they come on. Parking lights only position they are on. Ect. The lights do turn off when the ignition is switched off and the switch is in the off position. This LCM was installed at night to I don't know if the daylight will cancel any of this out. By the way do you know anyone interested in a used Crown Vic? Low miles and only minor electrical problems!

Wtf411
This could mean a bad LCM, reman doesn't mean they are guaranteed quality. Other possible causes are installation, light switch or wiring issues.

Reininstall the original LCM and see what happens and in the meanwhile, either you get a new DVOM or do some spring cleaning to locate it.

Sorry I am in no position and location to assist in recommending a buyer for the vehicle.