OIL PRESSURE LIGHT FLASHES

2003 Ford Bantam • 230,000 miles

Not when car is cold, only when hot.

Oil pressure light flashes and there is a nocking/rattle sound.

Ford Bantam 1.3

AL
BantamAL

We dont' have info for this car, but check to make sure you have aoil in engine, if you are hearing a kocking rattle sound it may mean ther eis damage to lower end of the motor and you should have it checked out immediately. Also put a manual gauge on it to see if it does the same.

Hi!

Thanks for quick response.
The engine is a Rocam 1.3
There is oil in and it maintains level, no loss. The light starts to flash when she has been running for a while. The rattle sounds tinny and like something is lose, but again only when hot.
I received a shocking quote to repair it and was wondering if there is possibility that the oil pick-up in the sump is not perhaps slightly blocked and lose at the same time?

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

AL

BantamAL
Actually no on the oil pickup. It dused to happen years ago on high performance engines but not to much today. If it were loose it would do it cold as well as hot. Sometimes oil filters will cause this as well, but in your case with you noticing a knock or tapping and me not being able to hear it, it is probably going to need arebuild at least. In the u.S. Here we don't have these vehicles so it is hard for us to diagnose properly.

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion. I needed to make sure.

AL

BantamAL