WHY IS MY SEAL ON THE END OF MY DRIVESHAFT LEAKING DIFFERENTIAL FLUID?

2003 Ford 500 • 102,000 miles

I got water in my rear end and drained and refilled but now its leaking and making a lound wineing sound? And sounds like the bearing is bad?
Normandchad

Its a f150 not f500 its lariat fx4

Normandchad
Suspect pinion bearing faulty due to water causing whine also seal failure due to bearing wobble

Docfixit
Ok thats what someone else told me. I have a dana 44 rear end do you know how the the fix could be?

Normandchad
The water can do a lot of damage and the differential is going to have to be rebuilt. It may or may not have damaged the gears too. Apparently you drove it with the water in it.

Wrenchtech
No the gears are fine. So just the pinion needs to be replaced. Maybe?

Normandchad
And how did you come to that conclusion without removing them from the car and an expert examining them?

Wrenchtech
Because I had to remove the cover on the back of the differential to drain it and the gears looked fine. But maybe im wrong.

Normandchad
Remove axles, ring gear and diff housing then remove pinion gear pressoff inner bearing and press out outer bearing.

Docfixit
The carrier is fine and the axle bearings looked it but I couldnt see the pinion bearings

Normandchad
Ok thanks. Do you know where I could find a manual or something for it. I have a 2003 fl50 lariat fx4

Normandchad