REVS LIMITED TO 2500 RPM, CODE P0344-CRA

2003 Dodge Stratus

2003 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 79000 miles

Recently puchased car knowing the P0344 had been reset after crankshaft sensor and the camsensor had been replaced. Previous mechanic checked all grounds and said if new sensors don't fix it, it needs a new computer. Need to go to dealer and get new and have flashed. It did throw a code so instead of new, I bought a used ECU from same year and style car and code P0344 again appeared after 75 miles at same time it started rev limiting. Seems to eliminate the engine computer?

What car does is rev limits at about 2500rpm- intermittently, doesn't matter what gear I put it in- seems to run fine under 2500 RPM.

Car had rebuilt tranny installed at 50K, only other code shown in previous owners notes was Evap system related. He kept everything.

What can cause it to rev limit at 2500 RPM and throw the Crank sensor code?

Patsogg

I have the same problem with my 2005 Stratus. Did you ever find out what was wrong? Thanks

Asps400
Check the CPS gap, alignment and wiring for open or short circuit

I have the same problem with my 2005 dodge stratus sxt 2.4 dohc 4 cyl. My problem with the rev limiter started after my car ran hot bc of my water pump going out. I replaced my water pump which also included taking the timing belt off. My computer keeps throwing camshaft and crankshaft sensor codes. I have replaced both. Also the knock sensor. It has not helped. Also since this my cruise control no longer works. Everyone says it sounds like timing is off. We have redone timing 4 times. Nothing has helped. Any suggestions?

Sallie30