DODGE CARAVAN BATTERY PROBLEM

2003 Dodge Caravan • 17,000 miles

Battery goes dead. Dealer and Meineke have had it in for service. BCM replaced and Air fuel sensor replaced. Dealer found no abnormal elec draw. Battery and alt tested good. No codes active in computer. When sitting overnite or for a few days, battery dead again. I noticed when I charge the battery, almost dead, but settles on 2 amp charge, but when I open a door the charge jumps to almost 9. Should there be that much draw when an interior lite goes on? What could be causing the battery to go dead overnite? Dealer and Meineke say there must be a light left on somewhere, but there is not. Any help would be appreciated, this is a neighbors van and they are in their 80's and depend on it. They have spent over $2500.00 so far on parts and labor and still the problem exists. Both service centers say they can't replicate the problem when they have it. Help? Thanks. And will donate if there is any help in this problem, believe me. I just want to help them out.

Nine amps can be normal if there's multiple interior lights. You need to do a current draw test but that gets a little involved with vehicles with computers.