XSARA 1.8 SX

2003 Citroen Picasso • 170,000 miles

Hi there,

The above salls either at idle or coming to a halt. It then refuses to start for some time. It cranks fine but doesn't start. It also often refuses to start after it has been used and parked up for a while. When you return to it it won't start. I keep trying it every few minutes until it starts. My local Citroen dealers has put a new throttle body on it and an O2 sensor. They made no difference. It has had a new fuel and air filter. I have notice that the idle control vavle? On the end of the throttle body make a continuous buzzing noise when it won't start. When stopping normally it buzzes and whirls for a short while like something is resetting.

Ps top website

Please please help me
Senna

Check the fuel pump pressure. We don't have any info on these vehicles at all so I cna't give you a spec. Thenclean the idle control with choke cleaner as well as throttleplate as they getgummy and make a car stall. You might try tapping the iac when it buzzes. See if it helps.

It's had a new throttle body, so the reply doesn't seem relevent. I have tried tapping it. Why would it buzz?

Senna
It might buzz if it's wasnt' set correctly. They have to be set at a certain distance then usually you have to drivethe vehicle over 30 mph for it to getit's correct distance. Or it cold also be defective.

I'm having the same problem and no solution! I have changed al lot of parts. At the moment i'm looking for a fuelrelais that might be a problem. Also check all connectors for oxidation and spray contactspray on 'm. I hope there is somebody reconizng this problem because it's very irritating.

Greetz

HurricaneRacer
The last garage I had the car in found some corrosion on a couple of the ECU pins. They cleaned them up as best they could, but the fault still remains. I have now taken the Picasso off the road an hope to find time to look at it myself. Have you made any progress Greetz. Hope you have a better year car wise in 2012

Senna
Have either of you found a fix for your problem? Have you cleaned and reset the IAC?

Rivermikerat
No fix yet. The car is still in my garage. Been to busy stopping my house falling apart to have a look at it. Oh woe is me? Is the IAC on the throttle manifold? How do you reset it? Many thanks for your interest.
Best wishes

Senna
Yes, the IAC is near the throttle body. It gets removed and cleaned with either a carb and choke cleaner or an electrical parts cleaner.

Rivermikerat