CITROEN PICASSO NOISE PROBLEM

2003 Citroen Picasso • 130,000 miles

Hi, I have a rattling noise which seems to be coming from the drivers side somewhere around where the pilleys are I think.I dont have to top up with water so I assume its not the water pump. The rattling noise is there when stationary and when moving.
could you please give me a rough indication of what it might be and also how much it would cost to repair?
kind regards
Philboard

IT could be many things. Remove the belt and check all the belt driven accessories to see if there is a problem with one of them.

Hi thanks for your swift reply,
is it easy to take the belt off, do I need to align anything up first,
if we assumed it was the crank pulley gone is it an expensive repair?

Philboard
There is nothing to align when you remove the accessory belt. As far as the crank pulley, I don't think that would make a rattle.

Ok, many thanks for the advise.
I wonder if it would be ok to carry on driving for a few days until I get it booked into a garage, or should I not drive it. There is no loss of power and drives fine apart from the rattle?

Philboard
It is hard for me to answer that. I have no idea what the noise is coming from.