HOW DO YOU RESET THE 'S MAIN COMPUTER TO FACTORY SETTINGS.T

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 150,000 miles

The car is giving code P0339 cam and crank intermitent. I've already changed the cam and crank sensors, timing belt and starter. The car will start and run but it won't rev up over 2400 rpm's and it's hard to start until you drive it for 10+ miles most of the time you can turn the key off and back on and it runs fine until it cools down or is off for along time. The vehicle is a 2.4L manual trans. It all started on a rainy day too.
Jasmith80

I would look at the wiring to both sensors. Common for fraying in areas close to sensors.

Are you sure of the timing marks? It sounds like either the belt is a tooth off on one cam or you got a clogged cat.

Thanks for the fast reply. I put it on the 3 marks. But before I changed the belt it was off time 1 tooth. Checked the wiring numerous times. I didn't think about the catalatic converter because it runs fine after 10 miles and it has good flow throw the exuast.

Jasmith80
Some one told me that I need to take it to a chrysler dealer to have the computer reprogrammed. Thought I could get a easier quick fix. Hopefully

Jasmith80
Not a programming issue. There would be constant issues, not good one minute, a problem another minute.

A back pressure test will confirm the cat. Feeling exhaust flow is not a good test.

Did you do a compression test?