PROBLEMS

2003 Chrysler Neon • 4 cylinder FWD Manual •

I have a 2003 chrysler neon lx 2 litre, I have had a knocking noise coming from the engine and have replaced shocks, steering rack overhaul, cv joints and control arms. The car now vibrates when you start it and its in nutral
Neon2003

If the knocking noise was internal engine? I don't like the sound of that. Check oil pressure. Otherwise, how long since a tuneup? Check motor mounts. Any applicable trouble codes?

The car has had a tune up last month, I have taken it to chrysler dealers who told me this problem was the engine mountings and control arms. After fitting the control arms, This new knocking sound is there even when idling, The noise was not there before the control arms were fitted.

Neon2003
If chrysler did the work, take it back to them. Did you check the motor mounts?

Hi Neon2003. Do you still have this problem. Can you tell me the fix. I have a similar problem as I too replaced the struts, tie rod ends, control arm bushings, both upper and lower strut mounts.

Shall wait for ur response. Cheers.

RRV
Hi, if you make your own separate post more people will see it. You will get an answer, faster.