CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER BATTERY PROBLEM

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Was driving my 2003 chevy trailblazer on mass pike the other day. Oil pressure dropped to zero, check gauge light came on so we pulled over. Checked oil, was low, added two quarts. Got back in truck, started her up and everything was normal. Began to drive again and a few hundred feet down the road the same thing happened. Got out checked oil, was where it was when we added to it, nothing was leaking. Went to restart the truck and nothing. It would not turn over. No metal in the oil. Truck just wont turn over. Hoping for some help, very limited budget, dont have money to take to a shop. And with family medical conditions I need to get this fixed asap. Any and all help with be greatly appreciated.
Erinsexyf

Question, how long was the oil light on? Was it more than just a moment? You may well have some internal damage that just pouring in some oil will not fix. Running it out of oil could have seized up the motor.

Dr. Hagerty
Light was litterally on for a matter of seconds. I really dont think the engine seized up. How can I check this.

Erinsexyf
You stated that you cannot turn the the motor over with the starter, correct?

Dr. Hagerty
Corrent, turn the key, the lights will come on but it just clicks, nothing else happens. The first time we pulled over we were able to start the car back up. The second time it wouldnt.

Erinsexyf
Already tried replacing pressure switch, didnt work. It wasnt running hot, nothing smoking or steaming. Is there some kind of safety switch or reset butto on fuel system to keep engine from seizing if oil pressure bottoms out?

Erinsexyf
OK so it clicks, does the battery have good connections, could it be the battery itself?

Dr. Hagerty
Haven't been able to recharge the battery since changing the switch. Will let you know what happens as soon as we can do this

Erinsexyf
We will be here.

Dr. Hagerty
I did double check with my hubby and he said oil was low but not empty so the engine def did not seize up. He is going to charge the battery today and then try starting it again. I will let you know how that goes.

Erinsexyf
Would plugging in an obd diagnostic code reader be helpful if I could get ahold of one?

Erinsexyf
Page 1 of 2