CAR WANTS TO DIE WHEN IDLING

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe • 125,000 miles

I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe. When I first start the engine, the car acts like it wants to die. This is especially the case when the air conditioner is on and the car is idling. Was told may be a timing sensor issue. Any advice and idea what the repair cost might be?
Jessicaarenivarmolina

There is no timing sensor.

Could be vacuum leak or idle air control motor.

Is the check engine light on?

The check engine light has came on. Took it in and told the code was for the emission system. They did smoke test and replaced the gas cap and some hose. Turned the car on after and it did the same thing. The engine fades in and out like it wants to die. Definitely the worse when the car is started with the air on

What was the code number?

If it was evap, it has no effect on the idling.

Don't know the number but mechanic said the that the timing sensor (i thought that's what he called it) can throw the whole thing off and cause the check engine lights to go on. Now I'm confused if you said there isn't one

Correct. You need to have it looked at for what I suggested with the vacuum leak and the idle control.

Start there

Good luck