HOW TO CHANGE ENGINE OIL COOLER LINES? ORDERED NEW LINES FROM AMAZON. THOUGHT THEY WOULD COME WITH ELBOWS BUT IT IS ONLY THE LINES. HOW DO I POP THE OLD ONES OUT OF THE ELBOWS? HOW DO I POP THE NEW ONES INTO THE ELBOWS? THE CAR IS AN 03 CHEVY

2003 Chevrolet Impala • 145,000 miles

Want to know if special tools are required to remove engine oil cooler lines and insert new ones the new lines have no threaded fittings only a taper and a black rubber like ring
Brad ballman

When you look at the radiator there should be a plastic cap. Gently pry off the cap and inside there will be a clip that locks it down. You can use a small flat tip screw driver to gently pry out. Becarefull though, they sometimes fly out and you can easily loose it. If you do, you can order new ones. Attaching a couple of images so you get an idea what to look for. Look at #3 on the second image.
Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

JIS001
This 03 impala in question it has the police package there is an auxiliary cooler it is mounted up front it looks like a small radiator but I see no clips like you mention in your response I cant find them at the oil flter either I have an assembly drawing from nalley gmc. Com with a complete break down and parts list and it shows no clips i'm even more confused now what am I missing the part number for the line I ordered matches the break down I got from nalley gmc please help

Brad ballman
Based on your description earlier the lines you got you would need the clips that lock them in place. I looked up the police package lines on the website you bought the part from and it shows you need the threaded lines. If you actually have the threaded lines that unscrew then looks like the company may have sent you the wrong part or was misboxed? You should call the company you ordered the lines from once you verify what you have? If you want to submit a picture of your vehicles cooler lines of where they attach and a picture of the new lines I could try and help you out some more?

JIS001