BUICK RENDEZVOUS CLUTCH PROBLEM

2003 Buick Rendezvous • 109,000 miles

Car jerks after shifting from 1st - 2nd, 2nd - 3rd
Does not happen all the time
Its usually after the car has been driven about 20 mins
Trans fluid was changed recently, issue at the time was slipping which has not happened again after the fluid change
Any help/pointers would be appreciated and thanx in advance
GP27

Scan for codes first. This may be anormal condition

Would the codes register? Even if there is no warning light/indicator that comes on

GP27
Yes an dno it sounds like it's an intermittent problem that sometimes can be caught on freeze frame. As the majority of mechanics normally deal with everything on car except transmissions that'a why it 'good to go to them as they may know of something that causes it. It may be because of recent trnas fluid change the valves are freer now an doperating like they should sometimes but not all the time. Or it could be that it is getting poor electrical connections and causing the problem. The trans guy will be able tocycle the solenoids and pressure check it to see if anything doesn't look right or may be on verge of a failure.

Went to a a transm shop, did test drive with no sign of the problem.
Did a scan and he says there are two codes P19111 and P1813
Says the EPC solenoid needs to be replaced and at the same time overhaul the trans with all new seals and replace clutch plates if required.
Do you think its ok?

GP27
I dont' come up with either code but I come p with 1811 and 1814 which both deal with trans. If you want to drive lit like that for a while then go ahead otherwise get it fixed and be done with it.