HI MY CAR MAKES A CLICKING SOUND AROUND OR IN THE VALVE COVER AREA....BUT IT GOES AWAY IN LIKE A MIN.... AND I WILL START IT MOST TIMES AN IT DOESENT

2003 BMW Z4 • 42,568 miles

Things iv done were change oil. Tightn exhaust manifold.. Please give me your a opinion how can I fix this.
Z4 gomes

Symptom description indicates you could have a fault with one or more hydraulic valve lash adjusters (HLA). Replacement of the HLA is not an easy job.

Is the engine badly sludged?

No its not it runs great perfect cuz my friend has the same car an it sounds the same an is just as fast. I was thinkn could it be the ignition coil or spark pug cuz I checked the sound an it sound like its not coming from inside the head its outside? Maybe electric short here an there? I dont know ?

Z4 gomes
If it is not mechanical noise from within the engine, depending on the noise level of the clicking noise, it could be a solenoid or valve that is clicking. You would need to locate the source of the noise to be certain what is causing it.

Wow thanks for helpn me out I really appreciate it. An yes it sounds like its valve sound but its not getn any worse. Yet if this helps the cars been sittn for a while that why it has only 40+ miles. My uncle said the sound might go away over time? What kind of oil is the best for this car cuz the shop told me 10w30 full senthic?Mobil one im hoping its just a oil problem which it probably isnt tho

Z4 gomes
Had another question what do you guys think of the gf performance chip is it safe

Z4 gomes
The noise could from the exhaust system, since you have stated that you have tightened the exhaust manifold, have it checked to ensure that there is hole in the muffler or any other part of the system. Particles that may have got in through the exhaust pipe could be causing the sound.

Sarah Spark
Whats the trick for disconnecting the expaansion tank. Do you turn it counter clock wise then pull?

Z4 gomes
If you mean the cap, yes. Twist anti clockwise until it stops and gently pry it off.

Hi my tops stuck now an I did everything the manual asked me. The motor broke an I wanna open manualy is there a way to reles the presser in the hydrlic hose so I can manually open an close it

Z4 gomes
What hydraulic hose are you refering to?

Page 1 of 2