CONVERTIBLE TOP COMPARTMENT COVER

2003 BMW 325

I have a 2003 BMW 325 convertible. The cover for the convertible top compartment won't lock. Looks like the latches are not opening wide enough for the cover lock to go under the latch for it to secure it. The latches are operated by a cable but I can't figure out how to adjust the cable, assuming that is how to re-adjust the latches. Any help is appreciated.
DavidC

The complexity of the system will first require scanning the car with the proprietary BMW scanning tool to uncover the problem. The convertible top is monitored and the data is on a communication bus. Trying to make adjustments on your own without scan data and knowledge of the system is not recommended.

Dr. Hagerty
Thanks for the quick help. I fail to mention that it is a manual convertible top so I am not sure if any data is being monitored. By just looking at it, seems like there got to be a way to adjust the cable. If I can't fix it myself I'll take it in to the dealership. Thanks for any help.

DavidC
Standing by

Dr. Hagerty
Thanks. I can't figure out how I can adjust the cable of the manual top. So if I don't get any addition instruction help here then I have to take it in to the dealership. Thanks in advance.

DavidC
OK

Dr. Hagerty