TRANSMISSION********

2003 Audi TT • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 80,000 miles

Hello. I have a 2003 Audi TT 1.8 Automatic. Every morning when I turn the car on, for about 10 minutes, it's always fine and then after that 10 minutes, when the engine's temperature is at its warmed up temperature, the transmission****** from 1 to 2 to 3 and so on. Also from 6th gear to 1st, it has a major shaking movements to the point where the wheels move as well. What I've done is I have changed the transmission fluid, but still it seems to have this problem.

do you think you can help me with this problem?
Skyline2007

Hi! I also have an 03' TT; sounds like it does the same as your's. Once the car has warmed up, the tranny has major issues going from 1st to 2nd, then to 3rd. It terrible! Has gotten significantly worse in the last 2 months! I believe, after speaking with mechanic and a friend at AUDI, that it will have to have the Valve Body replaced. My father is a mechanic & will first try to clean and rebuild it first, otherwise. This will be the only choice. Others have said it could be the clutch (although I think this issue is in other model years). I recommend joining AudiForum. Com or a site like this. I seem to be receiving some feedback from that site though. Good luck. This car has been a nightmare since buying it just over a year ago. What a poorly built peice of junk. Although, it sure is pretty.

Christie1205