CHANGED THERMOSTAT AND CAR STILL OVERHEATS, HEATGAGE DOES'NT SHOW ANYTHING

2003 Audi A4 • 260,000 miles

Audi A4 1.8 T 2003
Changed the thermostat and the heatgage switch fan keeps running and car still overheats. The water pump was changed March this year. No leaks on the car. Please do anybody have advise. Going to Durban next week and need to short this out.
Angie001

If it overheated, you may have done internal damage to the engine. Have a leak down test performed to rule out a head gasket.

Have the radiator checked as well for being clogged.

Can I do the test my self or do I need to take it somewhere and where do I take it. The radiater was put in a month ago. The water boiles in the waterbottle but the heatgage does'nt go in the red. Can some of the pipes be blocked and how can you check for that.

Angie001
No, you cannot do this yourself unless you have the correct tools and knowledge.

If you used sealer to stop a leak, it could cause a restriction but an acid flush will help that situation.

Thanks for the advise. Got it tested at Silverton radiators and it seems that the probleme is the head gasket.

Angie001
Thats what I figured. After that repair is done, you still need to find the reason the gasket failed.