INDICATOR LIGHTS

2002 Volkswagen Jetta • 124,451 miles

2002 jetta 1.8 t
indicator lights on dashboard all light up and the car moves slow at first when in drive
Lyssac

Not sure what your actual problem is. If the car accelerates
slow, it could be that the transmission is starting in the wrong
gear.

A scan of the Transmission Computer & Engine Computer for stored
codes might help.

Thomas

Exovcds
Have the trouble codes pulled. Any Advance Auto or Auto Zone will do this for free.

I will try going to auto zone. My friend says its stuck in 2 or 3 gear also
I did spill soda under the radio wear the gear selector is and didnt clean it up

Lyssac
If it is stuck in gear you may have a bad torque converter solenoid or a bad shift solenoid. If that is the case I recomend taking it to a transmission specialist. Do not go to a standard repair shop as automatic tranmissions are very difficult to diagnose and work on and require special tools and experience and training.
AAMCO tends to be over priced. If you need to find one near you use the search engine on this site and you will see that banner ads pop up on the page and when at all possible they are located as close to you as the locater will be able to place them.