HI. WE HAVE A VW WITH DUAL ZONE A/C. THE FRONT A/C CONTROL PANEL FLASHES FOR ABOUT 15 SEC WHEN WE START THE VEHICLE AND THE FAN DOES NOT BLOW. THE A/C COMPRESSOR CUTS IN IF YOU DISCONNECT THE PLUG OFF THE FAN MOTOR, BUT I BELEIVE THE COMPR

2002 Volkswagen Caravelle • 90,000 miles

Hi. We have a 2002 VW Caravelle with dual zone a/c. The front a/c control panel flashes for about 15 sec when we start the vehicle and the fan does not blow. The a/c compressor cuts in if you disconnect the plug off the fan motor, but I beleive the compressor is not working properly either The gas in th system is fine. The rear fan blows properly but it is not cold. The a/c mechanic I had look at it said it's a problem with the a/c module or something like that. It appears that I'm up for a new module and a new compressor. Does this sound correct? Thanks, Craig
Craig Holmes

You need to start with the module. That can cause erroneous readings and assumptions about the compressor.

Rivermikerat