TOYOTA VITZ ENGINE PROBLEM

2002 Toyota Vitz • 97,888 miles

Hi im new here. Im andy from malta : ). Since I need help.I serviced my vitz 2001 1.0 auto. So I decided to clean the throtle. I pulled it out from the engine u sprayed some carb cleaner to shiny metal. Later I unsrewed the idle control valve from it and cleaned it to, replaced new gasket and put it back. I put the throttle back, fixed all vacumm pipes to ensure for no vacuum leaks. Started the engine and it idle good anough for 2 minutes, but later it started to built up revs. High as 2500 - 3000. I turned it off, disconnected the battery for ecu refresh but no luck, still high reving. Later I disconnected the idle control valve from it. And it worked fine but surly it come on the check engine, cause off disconnect the iac. But as I connect it back again it rev highly again. Please any one can help? Never happened to me before.

Check the IAC valve for sticking. After cleaning with carb cleaner, it is good to spray some WD 40 to lubricte the spindle bearings.