REVS WAY UP AIR POPPING NOISE THEN STALLS

2002 Toyota Sienna • 280,000 miles

2002 toyota sienna Day 1. Car started fine, left to go get ice, everything normal. 3 hours later, tried to leave but it would only crank but not turn over. Sprayed starting fluid and it started but shut off 2-3 seconds later. Installed new fuel pump and filter.

Now that it starts with new fuel pump (which by the way a new flat filter which attaches under fuel pump assembly was also replaced along with the new fuel pump) it makes a horrible air popping noise from somewhere (I think from where the air filter is located, not sure though). Before I fully try to start it, I let the electronic noise fire up. Usually about 3 seconds after turning key I hear that noise then I start it.I was told to always wait for that noise before fully turning it on. But anyhow, I also tried turning it on with the accelerator pushed down and it revs way up with air popping noise then dies.

Great Site : -)
Mpulido28

Do you have a check engine light?

Check the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure tester if its within specs-start here

Yes engine light has been on for a long time before no start condition occurred. Pressure tester, I dont have one

Mpulido28
Have the computer scanned for code/s-go to Autozone and get it scanned for free