SATURN VUE CLUTCH PROBLEM

2002 Saturn Vue • 202,435 miles

Can only shift in to first third and fifth gear why what causes this
Wayneertleysr

So you have a 4 cylinder manual transmission?Also is the inside shifter feel loose when trying to shift into any of the gears?What happens if you try try to shift into 2nd or fourth gear?

Nothing some times it grinds going to second

Wayneertleysr
I have no reverse either

Wayneertleysr
Have you checked the cables and linkage to make sure its all moving like it should?

I have good clutch pedal it all worked fine until the car sat up for 2 weeks then nothing but first third and fifth some times it trys to go in to second and fourth but no reverse at all

Wayneertleysr
Yes the shifter seemsa little stiff at times how do I replace shift cables if necessary

Wayneertleysr
And or linkage

Wayneertleysr
If the cables are working why would you change them?The most common thing I have seen happen on those are are the inside cable ends break where they hook to the inside shifter.I have only had to replace the cables themselves a few times on those. Have someone shift threw the gears while your watching everything work move etc. So even with the engine off it still wont shift into those gears?Also those have a high failure rate on the clutch slave cylinders in the clutch housing
Look underneath the vue and see if the clutch housing is all. Wet?