LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS AN ONGOING GAS TANK/FUEL PROBLEM WITH THE

2002 Saturn SW2 • 72,000 miles

There is a leak and according to a repair shop could be a variety of things from a cracked tank, seals, fuel pump which is attached to the gas tank or a fuel line also attached to the tank or pump. The estimated independent repair shop cost, if is the pump, is about $800.00. Is this price excessive?

Please advice since this vehicle belongs to my mother in law who is planning a tip to see her son who is coming back from Afghanistan (military). She is 74 yeras old, still drives well and is a long ride.

Thank you very much and any helpful advice is appreciated.

Son in law
MOINLAWSATURN

Check with other places or look online locally for come to you mechanic services like someone advertising on craigslist. WAY CHEAPER!

Fixitmr
Just to add to this one I only remember the sw model being made until 2001 model year and it has no known fuel leak issues. Are you sure its not a LW model?Because those have known fuel leak issues let me know so we can talk about it where its most likely leaking.

I want to thank you both, fixitmr and saturntech9. I'll find out more about the model. I'll be in touch.

God bless

MOINLAWSATURN
Keep me posted saturns are my speciality.