MISFIRE

2002 Saturn SL1 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 102,500 miles

On the saturn the wires and plugs are brand new my repair shop thinks the coils are good because it has alot of spark when checked with a spark tester could the coil pack still be bad
Brad wheelwright

So does it only miss at idle and smooth out at higher rpm's?Also any code's?Any certain cylinder missing?The more detail's the better remember I can't see or touch anything.

The intake manafoild gasket is bad have a vaccum leak went back to back to basic troubleshooting checked for a vac leak and found it at cyl #1 thanks for your help

Brad wheelwright
I figured that that's why I asked the question's I did it's really common for 2000-2002 saturn S model single overhead cam intake gasket's to leak at the number 1 intake port. Let me know if you need instructions on how to replace the gasket.

Is there any brand of gasket that is better than the rest? Still think my plug wires a backwards looking at the coil pacs left to right is it 4 1 3 2 or is it 4 1 2 3? Repair shop changes 2 and 3 around seems to race alittle bit thanks for all ur help it really helps

Brad wheelwright
I posted a diagram of the wire's on the coil's and the cylinder's number's that should help you sort out if the wire's are correct. As far as the gasket goes I would go with the felpro one.I think when the engine's were built at the factory someone was wrinkling up the gasket's upon assembly because everyone I have seen that was leaking you could see it wrinkled up before taking it apart to replace the gasket.