WHY DOES THE LEFT TURN SIGNAL AND HAZARD LIGHT NOT WORK AT ALL?

2002 Saturn SC2 • 233,333 miles

The Left turn signal and hazard light does not work at all, the green flashing light on the inside does not even start blinking. But the Right side works no problems what so ever. What could cause this? Thank you.
Iowan86

HAVE YOU TRIED A NEW BULB. THE CORRECT BULB?

SOMETIMES SNATCHING A BULB IN AND OUT OF THE SOCKET A FEW TIMES WILL GIVE A BETTER CONNECTION

saturntech9 IS GONNA GET ME FOR ANSWERING HERE!

I DON'T KNOW HOW YOUR BULBS ARE HELD IN. IF IT HAS A REMOVABLE HOLDER (WHICH HAS NO WIRES ATTACHED) THAT YOU PUT THE BULB INTO IT THEN TWIST INTO THE HOUSING. THE HOLDER MAY HAVE CONNECTIONS WHICH MATE TO CONTACTS IN THE HOUSING

IF YOURS IS LIKE THIS---CLEAN THE CONNECTIONS ON BOTH THE HOLDER AND THE HOUSING

IF IT'S NOT LIKE THIS, YOU MAY HAVE A GROUND OR OTHER PROBLEM

I'M SURE saturntech9 IS GONNA JUMP IN AND TAKE OVER. TELL US WHAT YOU HAVE THUS FAR. FIND YOU AN INEXPENSIVE DIGITAL VOLTMETER (VERIFY YOU ARE READY)

IF HE DON'T SHOW.I'LL GO GET HIM!

Iam here and iam everywhere lol. If its not lighting up on the cluster or the bulbs its not a loose bulb connection.A bad bulb or connection would just make thay side flash faster. You will need a multimeter but perferably a test light that reads power and ground. Most likely were looking at a flasher relay.

Wouldn't the flasher relay work for both sides or is there two different relays, one for each side? If there are two different ones can I just flip flop them to see if this is the problem? I have a test light but only reads power, has to be grounded.

Iowan86
Remove the bulb and ck for burnt filements. Their should be 2 1 for parking lights and 1 for signal lights. For the price of a bulb just replace it. Gl

Cadieman
As stated above the LEFT interior flasher on the cluster does not even blink on and off or even go on at all. I will just wait till I get another response from Saturntech9. Thank you

Iowan86
THAT IS THE "ALERT" FROM THE COCKPIT THAT SOMETHING MAY BE WRONG WITH THE EXTERNAL LAMPS IN THE LEFT SIDE CIRCUIT. COULD BE FRONT/ REAR/ EVEN SIDE MARKERS

NOT MUCH COMING THRU RIGHT NOW. WE ALL GET BORED AND WANNA HELP SOMEBODY. Saturntech9 WILL BE BACK SOON (WHEREVER HE WENT) I UNDERSTAND."HE'S THE MAN".I LOVE 'IM TOO! LOL!

The light wont blink because 1 of bulbs is bad.I dont know where saturn went

Cadieman
If a bulb is burned out the indicator on the cluster will still blink just blinks faster. Just to get this straight no turn signal indicator lit up or flashing on the cluster or the front and rear outside turn signal bulbs on the left side?

Correct. The left turn signals wont work at all even when the hazard is set. But the right side all works perfectly fine.

Iowan86
Turn on the hazzards you should have power at the yellow wire at the combo switch?