TURN SIGNALS DON'T WORK WHEN CAR IS COLD

2002 Saturn L300 • 6 cylinder AWD • 112,000 miles

2002 Saturn L300 - My blinkers/turn signals do not work when car is cold. Car sits outside in Michigan winter. After car warms, blinkers start to work. Is this an electrical issue, relay or fuse need to be replaced? Auto Zone store employee said he didn't have anything listed in computer system that even eluded to it being a fuse or relay? Can I fix myself or do I need a mechanic?
Stephanie Green

It could be the flasher relay sticking. So When they don't work does the light's outside just come and not flash?Or does nothing happened?The more detail's the better.I would first check the flasher relay. The reason you can't find the flasher relay is because it's part of the hazard switch it get's replaced as a assembly.

My 2002 Saturn L300 is doing the same. When I first start driving. No left or right indicator. No lights come on. After driving for about 20 minutes. They start working. Also, noticed today that the running lights are not working. I assume the fuses for this is underhood (manual not very clear) but I doubt it is fuse since they do work fine after driving. Should I take in to mechanic?

Bugspost
Does your head light high beam work good?Its really common on those cars for bad turn signal head light combo switches?Does the hazzard switch ever buzz when turning on the turn signals?

Yes, my high beams work fine but I did notice the other day when I tried turn signals. There was buzzing. Thought it was from turn signals. The hazard lights work fine. After about 20 minutes of driving my turn signals work fine.

Bugspost
If the hazzard switch is buzzing then replace the hazzard switch its also your turn signal relay.

Ty so much.

Bugspost
Your welcome all the cars I had that the hazzard/flasher relay buzzed when turning the turn signal on was a bad hazzard/flasher relay. Saturn even had a campaign for them where we replaced them at no cost to the customer.I forgot what year cars that was.

I assume I need to take this to mechanic. Not something I could replace myself?

Bugspost
So easy to do pull the bezel loose and remove the switch.