MY HAS BEEN RUNNING FINE. OUT OF NOWHERE THE CAR KEEPS CUTTING OFF WHILE IM DRIVING. EVERYTIME I STOP AT A LIGHT IT CUTS OFF AND THE OIL AND BATTERY LIGHT COMES ON. I TOOK THE CAR TO THE SHOP THREE WEEKS AGO, GOT ALL MY FLUIDS CHANGED AND

2002 Saturn L300 • 13,250 miles

Trying to see if my engine is bad

Trelover

Seems the idle control is the cause of the stalling when accelerator is released.

I would suggest cleaning the throttle body and IAC to see if it helps.

The throttle body is the iac on that car its a throttle by wire. You can try cleaning the throttle body havent really run into alot of carboned up throttle plates since its always moving. Also when it dies does it start right back up?Also any codes in the computer?

It starts back up I have to cut it off and start it back up and it will drive for a few blocks and cut off again

Trelover
I brought the car used it cut off once in the last month but last night it kept cutting off first time it kept cutting off

Trelover
So you have to turn the key off before it will start?Also does the reduce performance light ever come on while driving?Have you had the computer scanned for codes yet?

Yes I have to turn the car off and turn it back on. I dont have any codes for the problem but my husband has a car md and said he will test it when he gets home from work. The reduce power light did not come on but the oil light and the battery light come on

Trelover
Those lights come on when the car isnt running correct?If so thats normal. Let me know the exact code numbers not code descriptions if you have any.

The code reading is U2105

Trelover
Called car md and they said something about the acm

Trelover
Do you mean the ecm?That codes means the ecm lost commucations with the body control module or transmission control module. Most likely the body control module they have a really high failure rate on that car.I have replaced tons of them. Does the temp gauge fuel gauge power door locks keyless entry etc ever stop working?

Page 1 of 2