MISFIRE CYLINDER 4

2002 Saturn L200 • 147,000 miles

Started running rough. SAS light on, flashes above 50 mph. Pulled plugs, far left was black, others fine. Laid coil pack on top of engine, all four terminals were sparking. No cracks or tears in boots. No plugs cracked or broken. It does have e3 plugs in. Radiator fan is on all the time.
Coco69

Those engines are known for the timing chains jumping and breaking. The fan is on because you have a bad engine missfire I would do a compression test post the results of all the cylinders compression.

I have to go to work soon. I will do the compression test tomorrow. Thank you

Coco69
Your welcome keep me posted on what you find.

Hi, readings were 85/75/80/80. Changed plugs and wires. Misfire went away. I do have a different question, on the tilt wheel. It used to lock in tight. Now it moves up and down about 1/2 inch no matter where it is positioned.

Coco69
On the compression reading you must have forgot to add the 1 in front of the other numbers?Because with that low of compression its not running. As far as the steering column goes I have seen that before on those you ethier live with it or replace the column.

Great. Thank you.

Coco69
Your welcome thats what were here for.