TRANSMISSION ISSUE

2002 Saturn L100 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 127,000 miles

I currently drive a 2002 Saturn L100. This past week when driving down a large bluff, the engine suddenly stopped accelerating. The speedometer needle started dropping and I could not accelerate, the engine light started flashing but the engine never stopped running. I pulled over to the side of the interstate at the bottom of the hill and the engine light shut off. I then tried to accelerate again and all was fine. This has happens twice since then and it always happens driving downhill and when I get to the bottom it's fine again. Is this a transmission problem? Any ideas as to what is occurring?
Tjw01

You should have your engine scanned for codes by a shop and havethem run a freeze frame to see if anything is picked up.

I was hoping to get an opinion on what might be going on based on the issue before taking it in. If it sounds like a bad transmission its not worth the money.

Tjw01
Usually when the engine light flashes it mean's the engine is miss firing so bad that it could damage the cat on the exhaust pipe. You need to get the code's read to see what's going on like hmac300 suggested you could just have a sensor issue causing the problem. You wouldn't want to scrap the car over that. Even if I was there to test drive it I still would need to scan it for code's to get some idea of what's going on. Take your car to a auto part's store like auto zone and have them scan the code's for free. Post the code number's not what the code's mean and we can go from there.