ELECTRICAL

2002 Porsche 911 • 6 cylinder Manual • 99,979 miles

On my 911 2002 carrera cabriolet, the light for the lock/unlock button on the fascia goes on and off, and intermittantly the car will honk and the interior lights come on, during operation of the vehicle. I am sure this is either a bad switch or a loose connection, however I have no idea where to look? Also I need to know how to get into the headlight assembly to change a light bulb?
Mreynoldsmd

Wow, not going to be easy but the alarm system prob will most likely be a defective or loose door switch. But could also be an internal alarm problem. The headlamp access is under the hood the light is held in by a plastic screw lockturn the lock pull bulb out
it may be hidden by a plastic access panel.I wouldn't spend too much time messing around with the alarm on this car it is a very high tech system and mess with it too much and it thinks you are trying to steal it and shuts the whole system down. I know you have heard it before but you will need to go to the dealer for most repairs on this car good luck

Billymac
You may have a faulty front trunk switch or engine lid switch. Door switches are part of the electronic door latches which require special diagnostic equipment, better off seeing the dealer. When the alarm horn double beeps at times is due to one of the switches not closed, doors, frt or rear lids, radio and center console lid.

Cwporsche