PONTIAC SUNFIRE COOLANT PROBLEM

2002 Pontiac Sunfire • 215,000 miles

My head has been shaved and used reservoir put into my car. Still tends to overheat a little and all the antifreeze leaks out what do you think it it?
Kjtate90

You need a pressure test to find the leak.

What caused the head gasket to fail? That is a result of overheating, not the cause

Make sure the thermostat is working properly. Try this. With the engine cold, open the radiator and start the engine. See if the coolant shoots out. If it does, you still have a head gasket issue. Let me know.

What started it was I had a hole in my reservior so my car was overheating. I changed the reservoir and then thats when we took the cap off and smelled gas coming out of my reservoir. So I got my head shaved and just put it back on. I put coolant in it today and I noticed that the temp was running a little high than normal again so I checked the coolant and it was bone dry.

Kjtate90
Is there any evidence as to where it is leaking from?

It looked like it was coming from the overflow hose

Kjtate90