MY CAR SHAKES ALL THE TIME, WHEN I AM WAITING AT A STOPLIGHT THE RPM ALMOST DROPS TO ZERO. I'M WONDERING WHY THAT IS?

2002 Pontiac Grand Am • 170,000 miles

When I am at a stoplight, the car shakes rough for about two seconds and then the shaking stops. I feel like its some sort of electrical problem because even when I use the window switches or turn on the air, it triggers that rough shaking for about two seconds. When I am stopped the car steadily shakes, the steering wheel and the whole dashboard, but when I put the car on neutral it's as silent as a library. But there are sometimes when I turn the air on or use my window switch, there is heavier shaking on top of the steady shakes. I ran codes on my car and I got a random cylinder misfire code but I'm not sure if that is what is causing all this random shaking and how to fix it.
Sonigal24

What is the exact number?Also have you made sure your battery cables arw clean and tight?Also had your battery and alternator tested?

I am not sure what the codes are I had it tested a while back in February. I haven't checked the cables but I got a new alternator and battery in January.

Sonigal24
No matter how new everything is I would still check it even brand new cars right off the car hauler can be broken I have seen that many times.

Okay will do, thanks for your help!

Sonigal24
Your welcome keep me posted.