SRUT PROBLEM

2002 Pontiac Grand Am • 6 cylinder FWD Manual • 120,000 miles

At top of coil spring theres a beak in coil its at top under mount and doesnt seem like its going anywhere wen aply preasure of car sits in top mount fine but is bbroke under top mount what u think about situation im in would be fine. Its junkyard part just havent put in cause seen break at top think be fine just wanted second opinion
Sryan

If the coil spring is broken I wouldn't use it I would get a different one. The coil spring support's the weight of the car.

It the very first coil under the mount at the top. When I put it on the car the two peices seated together under the top mount and don't seem to be moving from the weight of the car. Could I weld it? The original coil on the car is worn out and the car is bottoming out. Will this atleast buy me sometime?

Sryan
You can't weld that spring together when they break there trash. Iam not going to recommend you drive around with a broken coil spring you can do as you wish but iam not putting my stamp of approval on it.