AC / RADIATOR FAN STALLS CAR

2002 Pontiac Grand Am • 102,000 miles

I have been having a problem with my car stalling. I've narrowed it down to something with the AC / radiator fans. When the car gets too hot it stalls as soon as the fans kick on. It also stalls when I turn the AC on. I unplugged the fans and was able to turn on the AC but would blow cold then hot then cold, but wouldn't stall. My car is a 2002 grand am GT.
Beaghal

The fans may be pulling too much amperage. You need to have the system checked to verify.

As in hooking up a diagnostic computer to read error codes? Such as the ones at an auto store?

Beaghal
No, they dont give info, just codes. You need a scan tool that is able to retrieve live data and has the ability to turn things on and off.

Would a regular shop have something like that or would I have to go to a dealership. I'm trying to avoid dropping too much more money into this thing. I've replaced the IAC valve and thermostat based on a couple suggestions I've received.

Beaghal
Most shops have this but charge, as they should, for the service.