I HAVE A . I WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE ICM AND OCCASIONALLY HAD TO WAIT TEN MINUTES FOR THE SECURITY LIGHT TO TURN OFF BEFORE STARTING MY CAR. THIS MORNING THE CAR REFUSED TO START SO I REPLACED THE BATTERY AND THE ICM. THE ENGINE T

2002 Oldsmobile Alero • 145,000 miles

I have a 2002 oldsmobile alero. I was having trouble with the ICM and occasionally had to wait ten minutes for the security light to turn off before starting my car. This morning the car refused to start so I replaced the battery and the ICM. The engine turns over but still refuses to start. Do you have any idea what's wrong?
Sarahbaker

How do you know it was the ignition control module? Does not make sense.

Did you try another key which is simple unless you dont have one. It is the most common failure on these security systems.

Usually a security issue starts up and dies immediately. If not, start with a fuel pump pressure test and verify spark at the plugs.