IT WON'T START AFTER BEING DRIVEN?

2002 Mitsubishi Galant • 107,000 miles

I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4L 4cyl with 107000 miles and it won't start after being driven (engine hot). What could this be? After I drive the car, park it and turn it off-it won't start back up! It just keeps tryin (engine turning and turning and turning) but won't start. It has been doing this for a couple months. Back then (a couple months ago) it would start up again if u just gave it a couple hours, BUT now, it takes it 4 or 5 hours. And sometimes longer, before it will start again.
Party22lexboy2002

Check for fuel and spark.

Fixitmr
Maybe it's flooding? Have you tried holding gas pedal to floor? Check plugs to see if they get wet.

Fixitmr
Also suspect is crank sensor.

Fixitmr
I should have added more info in my original question, sorry about that. When the problem first started happening a couple months ago, there was also a strong oil scent inside the car. The valve cover gasket was bad-allowing a tiny bit of oil to seep out around the valve cover AND 2 of my 4 spark plugs were completely fouled with oil. I replaced the valve cover gasket (it no longer leaks) and cleaned the plugs with brake cleaner since they were only a month old. Is this okay? Should I have replaced the plugs anyway?

Party22lexboy2002
You mean the tips were fouled or the body of pug was oily?

Fixitmr
Well, the body of the plugs was DEFINATELY covered in oil. But, there was some on the tip. However, I think that is the result of the oil dripping down from the body of the plug when I took them out of the engine, because I took them out again to check and there was no oil on the tips.

Party22lexboy2002
Have you checked fuel delivery and spark quality?

Fixitmr
No, I have not. I will level with you, haha, I have NO idea how to do either one of those! How do u check fuel delivery and spark quality?

Party22lexboy2002
Check our DIY section of site.

Fixitmr