I HAVE A 2.4 L 4CYL WITH 107000 MILES AND IT WON'T START AFTER BEING DRIVEN (ENGINE HOT)...WHAT COULD THIS BE?

2002 Mitsubishi Galant • 107,000 miles

After I drive the car, park it and turn it off-it won't start back up! It just keeps tryin (engine turning and turning and turning) but won't start. It has been doing this for a couple months. Back then (a couple months ago) it would start up again if u just gave it a couple hours, BUT now, it takes it 4 or 5 hours. And sumtimes longer, before it will start again.
I should have added more info in my original question, sorry about that. When the problem first started happening a couple months ago, there was also a strong oil scent inside the car. The valve cover gasket was bad-allowing a tiny bit of oil to seep out around the valve cover AND 2 of my 4 spark plugs were completely fouled with oil. I replaced the valve cover gasket (it no longer leaks) and cleaned the plugs with brake cleaner since they were only a month old. Is this okay? Should I have replaced the plugs anyway?
Party22lexboy2002

It doesnt sound like bad spark plugs cleaning them was fine. Have you checked for codes in the computer?That would be your firat steo and posting the exact code numbers not the code descriptions.

I have not done that yet. But, will today!

Party22lexboy2002
Alright please do and let me know what you find.