REPLACED THE TIMING BELT ON A SPYDER WITH A 3.0 L ENGINE AND NOW IT WON'T START

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 185,000 miles

The timing marks are all dead on and I checked for the car firing and fuel to the fuel rail
Scottcam12

I would have to assume that the engine won't start.
Next thing to check is compression in each cylinder.

Billymac
It has compression in all cylinders

Scottcam12
Spark fuel pressure ok? All fuses ground wires on engine?

Billymac
Fuel pressure ok so is spark.
I didn't disconnect anything except the crank positioning sensor and I reconected it.

Scottcam12
Well we can certainly rule out a easy fix. Lol
the next thing we have to know is do you have injector pulse?
But first check all the fuses. Remove neg batt cable and reconnect. The ecm has shut the eng down for some reason. Also check the plug at the crank sensor look inside sensor and plug to verify that a pin did not get bent.

Billymac
No fuses are blown and the positive battery cable has been off the car for awhile since I've tried to start it.
Checked the crank sensor and it looks good it only has one plug on the sensor up at the top of the engine and it also looks good

Scottcam12
You never answered Do you have injector pulse?

Billymac
Okay I have the car started now but it is running rough.
Could it be that I have a low battery and the alternator isn't hooked up and all the other things that are disconnected?

Scottcam12
Yes everything has to be hooked up especially the alt

Billymac
Everything is hooked up now but it is hard to crank and runs rough when we pulled the codes it pulled a cam positioning sensor circuit failure and a random multiple misfire detected code any ideas on what's wrong?

Scottcam12
Page 1 of 2