CAR CONTINULY CUTS OFF AFTER IT GETS HOT AND IDELS HIGH AND LOW

2002 Mercury Sable • 80,000 miles

When I crank the car the r.P.M goes high then it drops, the car starts to shake and vibrates and when I drive at 50 or more the car skips or stop pulling then the car gets hot and it stalls and cuts off and will not start again untill it cools off.
Rivieracoleman

Are you loosing coolant? When was thermostat last checked/changed?

Fixitmr
By hot do you mean too hot?

Fixitmr
Oh I know this problem. What you have is a vacuum leak on the rear tube that exits the upper manifold. There is a little elbow on the back underside of the DOHC manifold, chances are it's loose because it's gotten oily and/or fallen off. This little rubber elbow controls your fuel pressure regulator and your EGR valve. Plus the vacuum leak makes it hard to keep the idle air control working to hold the vacuum keeping your car from idling rough. Put a small hose clamp on the elbow, careful not to cut it apart. Also the small red hoses may be coming out, insert them back in with a little gorilla glue on the sides as they tend to get loose with age.

Bravestar1