MERCURY MOUNTAINEER THERMOSTAT PROBLEM

2002 Mercury Mountaineer • 117,000 miles

Hello, I noticed today after I had been at work for a while, that when I came out to my car there was some fluid on the pavement. It looks like either power steering fluid or oil. I do notice when I turn my wheels all the way to the left or right, there is a slight vibration-ish noise. Could this be my pump going bad or one of the hoses leaking or should I try filling my reservoir and see if it continues because it does look low to the naked eye but I want to double check it with a dipstick. I do also want to check the oil filter/housing gasket too to see if that's the issue if there are any noticeable oil drips as well.
Mbullion

Top off all fluids and have the systems checked for leaks

I forgot to mention that I have a cracked thermostat (pretty common with these cars) that I am getting fixed Tuesday. Anti-freeze is coming out but not severely by any means. At first I thought it could have been that but I checked the color and it didn't match. Could that still maybe it?

Mbullion
Doubt it. Cracked thermostat? I have never seen this unless the t stat was installed incorrectly.

My bad. The intake manifold cracked NEAR the thermostat causing coolant to leak.

Mbullion
Ok, better, that is a common failure

Just an update: definitely the cracked manifold. Just looked at the pavement again today and saw anti-freeze. Not a ton but I think it's getting worse. Having it fixed Tuesday

Mbullion