LIGHTER SOCKETS (ALL) DO NOT WORK

2002 Mercedes Benz S500 • 136,000 miles

None of lighters work, front or rear. Have had car since new. Just noticed as dont smoke but need to plug a charger in. Manual says hs electronic link, not fuse. Is this something I can fix myself?
Timmytom

I have attached what schematics I could find. Do the interior lights all work? From what I can see, most of the front interior lights operate off the same power source as the front lighter socket, so, if the lights work, I would suspect either a faulty socket, bad ground to the socket, or a loose or disconnected power lead.

Rivermikerat
Your answer led me to the problem for the rear lighters. Turns out I had the child door and windows set for not working, and that turned off rear lighters as well. Also, the interior lights haven't worked for a year or so, and based on your response, checking them out, I had the main power supply turned off at the ovehead rocker switch! Dumb, but two simple fixes, thank you very much! I would not have found that without your response. Front lighter still does not work, but will follow your notes and schematic on that.

Timmytom
My pleasure. Let us know how it turns out. Have a Happy Holidays.

Rivermikerat