WATER IN SPARE TIRE WELL AND WET CARPETIN

2002 Lexus RX 300

Interior problem
2002 Lexus RX 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

I have a water leak - smelly - water in spare tire well - carpets soaked - I have had this car for several years with no problem - until recently it was parked in our garage - Recently my drivers side rear quarter panel had repair work done - due to hit and run in a parking lot - after reading some online postings I noticed there is a re-occurring problem with Lexus RX and water leaking. What steps can I check to determine where the leak is originating
Kplastek

Hi
Maybe during wreak and repair the trunk seal is not sealing and possible deck lid not adjusted properly.

Docfixit
Hi,
If you are still having a problem with water in the wheel well, I know were its coming from.
There are two vents with seals that attach to the body at the rear tail lights. These seals are made of foam rubber and contract to let water run down the roof and into the trunk. Remove the rear tail lights and put clear waterprof sealant around the two openings.
Also remove the right and left black storage trays in the rear. You are going to see a gallon of water in there.

Birdman