I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY ADD OIL AND WHEN I DRIVE LONG DISTANCES OR AT A HIGH SPEED, THE NEXT TIME I START THE CAR SMOKE COMES OUT OF THE TAIL PIPE.

2002 Lexus ES 300 • 157,000 miles

I BOUGHT THIS CAR IN 2008. I GET OIL CHANGES REGULARLY AND OTHER REPAIRS AS NEEDED. IN BETWEEN THE OIL CHANGES, HOWEVER, I HAVE TO ADD OIL. IT SEEMS LIKE I CAN ONLY DRIVE ABOUT 2 AND 1/2 HOURS CONTINUALLY BEFORE I HAVE TO ADD MORE. ALSO, IF I DRIVE THAT LONG OR EVEN DRIVE 30 MINUTES AT A HIGH SPEED, WHEN I START MY CAR AGAIN, A CLOUD OF SMOKE COMES OUT OF MY TAILPIPE. WHAT COULD THE PROBLEM BE? I HAVE ASKED SEVERAL TECHNICIANS ABOUT THE OIL, BUT THEY HAVE NEVER FOUND A LEAK. A FRIEND OF MINE WHO WORKS ON CARS SAYS IT MIGHT BE THAT ONE OF MY SENSORS COULD BE BAD. PLEASE HELP!
2809tabb

Could be bad oil seal on valves. Or PCV system is passing oil to intake. You could also use a higher viscosity/weight oil instead of 5w30 or/and a viscosity improving additive to reduce loss of oil.

Fixitmr