VACUUM LINE

2002 Land Rover Freelander • 6 cylinder AWD Automatic • 65,000 miles

I have a 2002 Land Rover Freelander SE. There is a vacuum line which runs from the valve cover to a "T" connector which recently cracked. I believe I need to replace all the lines coming from the T besides the T itself. Is there a special tool required to do this, or do the fittings just snap or screw in?
Rhbarca

They probably just pull off. You can get any T at an auto supply along with the hoses themselves. A pair of pliers should do the trick.

Thanks.

Rhbarca
I have bought the vacuum line part from the dealer. It turns out you cannot simply replace the "T". You must purchase the whole part. The ends of the lines pull off easily by just pushing down on the red sleeve surrounding the line where it enters the valve cover. Now my problem is that I had removed the ~3 inch diameter air intake hose in order to access one end of the vacuum line. The hoses in this car are secured with very specialized "crimp" type hose clamps. They come off easily by just prying off one end with a screwdriver. Now I don't know how to reattach it. The part is marked "CLICR 96-740". I understand there are special pliers required to close the clamp around the hose. I have already tried a "Universal" type clamp which looked like it should have worked. I didn't seem to have the clearance to put the part into place properly. Can anyone tell me where I can get this type of part and the tool to put it into place?

Thanks.

Rhbarca
As it's an air intake put a ty wrap on it and that should take care of it. Also if you don't care for a ty wrap, get an airplane type clamp, unless you want to keep the vehicle in new car shape.

Don't know why I didn't think of it. I put it together now and I'll see how it runs after I charge up the battery. The car's been idle for two weeks and the battery is a year and a half old - no juice!

Thanks for the prompt response!

Rhbarca